Prof. Anna Derylo-Marczewska
Faculty of Chemistry,Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, Maria Curie-Skłodowska Sq. 3, 20-031 Lublin, Poland, email@example.com
DSc, 1995 - „Description of adsorption equilibria in the systems: dilute aqueous solution of organic substances – activated carbon, based on the theory of adsorption from solutions on heterogeneous solids” (UMCS)
PhD, 1983 - „Description of adsorption equilibria in the solid – multicomponent solution systems by applying the adsorption parameters for the corresponding binary liquid mixtures” (UMCS)
MSc, 1978 - „Attempts of simple modification of glasses with controlled porosity as column fillings in sieve chromatography” (UMCS)
- Synthesis and characterization of silica and carbonaceous materials of well-organized structure, materials doped with metals, various types of composites, nanomaterials.
- Processes of physical adsorption from gas and liquid phases on heterogeneous solid surfaces. The experimental and theoretical studies of adsorption equilibrium and kinetics.
- Adsorption processes from nonelectrolyte and diluted aqueous solutions (single- and multicomponent systems - influence of structural and surface properties of adsorbent, structure and properties of adsorbate, effect of solution properties (solvent, pH, ionic strength) and temperature on adsorption effectiveness.
- Processes of adsorption and desorption of dyes, herbicides, proteins, compounds showing biological activity on well-organized carbon, silica and composite materials with regard to find correlations between system structure and properties, and adsorption effectiveness regarding adsorption/desorption value and adsorption/desorption rate.
- Project supported by KBN, 3 T09B 0017 17 (1999–2002), „Synthesis, physicochemical studies and applications in liquid chromatography, of porous phenolic-formaldehyde and melamine-formaldehyde polymers” (main investigator).
- Project supported by the Ministry of Science and Education, 3 T09B 114 29 (2006–2008), „Nanostructural catalysts of low-temperature oxidation of CO and organic compounds” (investigator).
- Project supported by the European Community's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013), Grant Agreement No PIRSES-GA-2008-230790 (2008–2012), “Hybrid nanocomposites and their applications”, COMPOSITUM (investigator).
- Project supported by International Visegrad Fund (Сontract number 51300077), “Hybrid polydimethylsiloxane – modified silicas materials as protective coatings: structural and hydrophobic – hydrophilic properties” carried out at the Maria Curie-Sklodowska University from 1st of September 2013 to 30st of June 2014 by Dr. Iryna Sulym (supervisor).
- Project supported by the European Community's Seventh Framework Programme (FP-7-PEOPLE-2013-IRSES), Grant Agreement No PIRSES-GA-2013-612484 (2014–2017), “Nanostructured Biocompatible/Bioactive Materials”, NanoBioMat (coordinator).
- Research project Opus 5 DEC-2013/09/B/ST4/03711 (2014–2017), „High pressures in nanopores and their influence on adsorption properties”, coordinated by prof. dr hab. Malgorzata Sliwinska-Bartkowiak from Faculty of Physics, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan (main investigator).
- Project supported by Scholarship and Training Fund (FSS), programme "Development of Polish Higher Education Institutions" (2009.03.01 - 2011.06.30), „English Courses for Materials Chemistry” (coordinator).
- "Improvement of R&D potential of the Faculties of Chemistry, Biology and Earth Sciences of UMCS in Lublin" (Operational Programme Development of Eastern Poland 2007-2013) (2009-2012) (directing preparations of documents, Plenipotentiary of the Rector for the Project).
- „Modernization and equipping the didactic and research buildings of Faculties of Biology and Earth Sciences (BiNoZ), Mathematics, Physics and Informatics (MFI) and Chemistry of UMCS in Lublin” (Regional Operational Programme) (2010-2012) (directing preparations of documents, directing realization of the project in the Faculty of Chemistry).
- ,,Development and modernization of the education-research base of priority courses of MCSU” (Operational Programme Infrastructure and Environment 2007-2013, Infrastructure of Higher Education Institutions, (2012-2015) (directing preparations of documents, coordinator).
- „Equipment for the laboratories of Faculties of Biology and Biotechnology (BiB), Mathematics, Physics and Informatics (MFI) and Faculty of Chemistry for investigation of biologically active substances and environmental samples” (2013-2015) (directing preparations of documents).
- 101 scientific articles published in journals and publishing series indexed in Web of Science/JCR
- 54 other articles published in journals and publishing series not indexed in Web of Science/JCR
- 2 chapters in monographs in English, 3 chapters in monographs in Polish
- 189 presentations (international conferences) and 131 presentations (Polish conferences)
- Citations: 1130, H-index: 21
- Supervision of doctoral theses – 3 completed
- Supervision of doctoral theses - 4 in progress
- Supervision of master theses – 82
- Supervision of bachelor theses – 34
ORGANIZATION OF CONFERENCES
- 32nd International Conference on Vacuum Microbalance and Thermoanalytical Techniques, Kazimierz Dolny 2009 (chairman)
- 33rd International Conference on Vacuum Microbalance and Thermoanalytical Techniques and 3rd COMPOSITUM Conference Hybrid Nanocomposites and Their Applications, Zamość 2011 (chairman)
- 1st NANOBIOMAT Conference Nanostructured Biocompatible/Bioactive Materials, Zakopane 2014 (member of Organizing Committee)
- 46th Meeting of the Polish Chemical Society, Lublin 2003 (member of Organizing Committee)
- Interfacial Phenomena, Surfactants and Disperse Systems, Lublin 2005 (member of Organizing Committee)
- Modern Techniques of Investigation of Surface and Interface, Lublin 2009 (member of Organizing Committee)
- Interfacial Phenomena Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, Lublin 2010 (member of Organizing Committee)
- 54th Meeting of the Polish Chemical Society, Lublin 2011 (head of Organizing Committee)
- 2nd Polish Forum of Young Chemists, Lublin 2012 (head of Organizing Committee)
- Science and Industry – Lublin Student Meetings, Lublin 2014 (member of Organizing Committee)
- Science and Industry – Lublin Student Meetings, Lublin 2015 (member of Organizing Committee)
- Science and Industry – Lublin Student Meetings, Lublin 2016 (member of Organizing Committee)
AWARDS AND MEDALS
- III degree Individual award of the Minister of Higher Education and Technology for doctoral dissertation, 1982
- 1st degree Team award of the Minister of National Education for 3 chapters in a monograph, 1990
- Team award of the Rector of MCS Univ., 2002
- 1st degree individual award of the Rector of MCS Univ., 2009
- 1st degree individual award of the Rector of MCS Univ., 2010
- Silver Cross of Merit, 2009
- Medal of National Education Committee, No. 119636), 2010
- Maria Sklodowska-Curie Medal for the work for Polish Chemical Society, especially for organization of 54th Society Meeting in Lublin, 2012
- Honorary badge of Polish Chemical Society for distinguished contribution for the Society, Badge No 192, 2012
- 1st degree individual award of the Rector of MCS Univ., 2017
- Team award of the Rector of MCS Univ., 2017
- 2nd degree individual award of the Rector of MCS Univ., 2018
- Head of the Department of Physicochemistry of Solid Surface (since 1.10.2007)
- Vice-Dean for Research and Cooperation with Industry of the Faculty of Chemistry, UMCS (2008-2012 and 2012-2016)
- Dean of the Faculty of Chemistry, UMCS (2016-2020)
- Head of the Section of Physicochemistry of Interface Phenomena of the Polish Chemical Society (2004-2006)
- Head of the Lublin Division of the Polish Chemical Society (2007-2012)
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS (2014-2019)
Articles published in journals and publishing series indexed in Web of Science/JCR
- Sterczynska, A. Derylo-Marczewska, M. Sliwinska-Bartkowiak, J.Z. Piotrowska, M. Jarek, K. Domin, Phase transitions of octamethylcyclotetrasiloxane confined inside aluminosilicate and silicate nanoporous matrices, J. Therm. Anal. Calorim., 2014, 118263-276 (IF2014=2,042)
- E. Sukhanova, S. V. Valueva, M. E. Vylegzhanina, A. A. Kutin, A. Derylo-Marczewska, Morphology, toxicity and bioactivity of selenium-containing nanostructures based on physiologically active polymer and proteins, Selenium: Dietary Sources, Properties and Role in Human Health (Nutrition and Diet Research Progress series), Ed. Wanda Morrison, ISBN: 978-1-63483-718-7, Chapter 6, str. 123-146, Nova Science Publishers, Inc. 2015
- Klonos, I.Ya. Sulym, K. Kyriakos, I. Vangelidis, S. Zidropoulos, D. Sternik, M.V. Borysenko, A. Kyritsis, A. Derylo-Marczewska, V.M. Gun’ko, P. Pissis, Interfacial phenomena in core-shell nanocomposites of PDMS adsorbed onto low specific surface area fumed silica nanooxides: Effects of surface modifications, Polymer, 2015, 68, 158-167, doi:10.1016/j.polymer.2015.05.017 (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0032386115004504) (IF2016=3,684)
- Sulym, O. Goncharuk, E. Skwarek, D. Sternik, M.V. Borysenko, A. Derylo-Marczewska, W. Janusz, V.M. Gun’ko, Silica-supported ceria–zirconia and titania–zirconia nanocomposites: structural characteristics and electrosurface properties, Colloids & Surfaces A, Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 2015, 482, 631-638 (IF2016=2,714)
- S. Protsak, V.A. Tertykh, Y.M. Bolbukh, D. Sternik, A. Derylo-Marczewska, Synthesis and properties of fumed silicas modified with mixtures of poly(methylphenylsiloxane) and dimethyl carbonate, World Journal of Nano Science and Engineering, 2015, 5, 152-160, Published Online December 2015 in SciRes. http://www.scirp.org/journal/wjnse, http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/wjnse.2015.54017
- Ya. Sulym, D. Sternik, L.P. Oleksenko, L.V. Lutsenko, M.V. Borysenko, A. Derylo-Marczewska, Highly dispersed silica-supported ceria–zirconia nanocomposites: preparation and characterization, Surfaces and Interfaces, 2016, 5, 8-14, doi.org/10.1016/j.surfin.2016.08.001
- Klonos, G. Dapei, I.Ya. Sulym, S. Zidropoulos, D. Sternik, A. Derylo- Marczewska, M.V. Borysenko, V.M. Gun’ko, A. Kyritsis, P. Pissis, Morphology and molecular dynamics investigation of PDMS adsorbed on titania nanoparticles: Effects of polymer molecular weight, European Polymer Journal, 2016, 74, 64-80, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eurpolymj.2015.11.010 (IF2016=3,531)
- M. Puziy, O.I. Poddubnaya, A. Derylo Marczewska, A.W. Marczewski, M. Blachnio, M.M. Tsyba, V.I. Sapsay, D.O. Klymchuk, Protein Adsorption by Nanostructured Carbons with Different Pore Sizes, Adsorption, 2016, 22(4), 541–552, DOI 10.1007/s10450-015-9723-3 (IF2016=2,074)
- W. Marczewski, M. Seczkowska, A. Derylo-Marczewska, M. Blachnio, Adsorption equilibrium and kinetics of selected phenoxyacid pesticides on activated carbon – effect of temperature, Adsorption, 2016, 22(4), 777–790, DOI 10.1007/s10450-016-9774-0 (IF2016=2,074)
- Derylo-Marczewska, M. Zienkiewicz-Strzalka, K. Skrzypcznńska, A. Swaątkowski, K. Kusmierek, Evaluation of the SBA-15 materials ability to accumulation of 4-chlorophenol on carbon paste electrode, Adsorption, 2016, 22(4), 801-812, DOI: 10.1007/s10450-016-9779-8 (IF2016=2,074)
- Sulym, O. Goncharuk, D. Sternik, E. Skwarek, M.V. Borysenko, A. Derylo-Marczewska, W. Janusz, V.M. Gun’ko, Silica-supported titania–zirconia nanocomposites: structural and morphological characteristics in different media, Nanoscale Research Letters, 2016, 11:111, 1-9, doi:10.1186/s11671-016-1304-1 (IF2016=2,833)
- Zienkiewicz-Strzalka, A. Derylo-Marczewska, S. Pikus, Bimetallic systems of mesoporous ordered silica supports and noble metals nanoparticles, Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 2016, 227, 228-241, doi:10.1016/j.micromeso.2016.03.013 (IF2016=3,615)
- Bolbukh, K. Terpilowski, R. Kozakevych, D. Sternik, A. Derylo-Marczewska, V. Tertykh, Modified silicas with different structure of grafted metylphenylsiloxane layer, Nanoscale Research Letters, 2016, 11:290, 1-15, doi: 10.1186/s11671-016-1513-7 (IF2016/17=2,833)
- Derylo-Marczewska, M. Blachnio, A.W. Marczewski, A. Swiatkowski, B. Buczek, Adsorption of chlorophenoxy pesticides on activated carbon with gradually removed external particle layers, Chemical Engineering Journal, 2017, 308, 408-418, doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2016.09.082 (IF2017=6,735)
- Sulym, O. Goncharuk, D. Sternik, K. Terpilowski, A. Derylo-Marczewska, M.V. Borysenko, V. M. Gun’ko, Nanooxide/polymer composites with silica@PDMS and ceria-zirconia-silica@PDMS: textural, morphological and hydrophilic/hydrophobic features, Nanoscale Research Letters, 2017, 12: 152, DOI 10.1186/s11671-017-1935-x, (IF2016/17=2,833)
- Protsak, V. Tertykh, E. Pakhlov, A. Derylo-Marczewska, Modification of fumed silica surface with mixtures of polyorganosiloxanes and dialkyl carbonates, Progress in Organic Coatings, 2017, 106, 163-169, doi: 10.1016/j.porgcoat.2017.01.020 MAY 2017 (IF2017=2,955)
- Zienkiewicz-Strzalka, M Blachnio, R.B. Kozakevich, Y.M. Bolbukh, A. Derylo-Marczewska, V.A. Tertykh, Silver nanoparticles deposited on pyrogenic silica solids. Preparation and textural properties, Adsorption Science and Technology, 2017, 35, 714-720, doi: 10.1177/0263617417707599 (IF2016/17=0,754)
- Sliwinska-Bartkowiak, A. Sterczynska, A. Derylo-Marczewska, M. Zienkiewicz-Strzalka, K. Domin, The surface properties of Al functionalized mesoporosus MCM-41 nanopores; the melting behavior of water in Al-MCM nanopores, Langmuir, 2017, 33, 11203-11216, DOI: 10.1021/acs.langmuir.7b02172 (IF2017=3,789)
- Blachnio, T.M. Budnyak, A. Derylo-Marczewska, A.W. Marczewski, V.A. Tertykh, Application of chitosan-silica hybrid composites for the removal of dyes from aqueous solutions, Langmuir, 2018, 34 (6), 2258–2273, DOI: 10.1021/acs.langmuir.7b04076 (IF2017=3,789)
- Klonos, I.Y. Sulym, D. Sternik, P. Konstantinou, O.V. Goncharuk, A. Derylo-Marczewska, V.M. Gun’ko, P. Pissis, A. Kyritsis, Morphology, crystallization and rigid amorphous fraction in PDMS adsorbed onto carbon nanotubes and graphite, Polymer, 2018, 139, 130-144, /doi.org/10.1016/j.polymer.2018.02.020 (IF2017=3, 483)
- Kozakevych, A. Korobeinyk, Y. Bolbukh, V. Tertykh, L. Mikhalovska, M. Zienkiewicz-Strzalka, A. Derylo-Marczewska, Preparation and characterization of nanocomposite polyvinyl chloride films with NO generating activity, Applied Nanoscience, 2018, , 1-8, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13204-018-0693-0 (IF2017=2,951) (cytowania: 0)
- Klonos, Yu. Bolbukh, C.S. Koutsiara, K. Zafeiris, O.D. Kalogeri, D. Sternik, A. Deryło-Marczewska, V. Tertykh, P. Pissis, Morphology and molecular dynamics investigation of lowmolecular weight PDMS adsorbed onto Stöber, fumed, and solgel silica nanoparticles, Polymer, 2018, 148, 1-13, doi.org/10.1016/j.polymer.2018.06.019 (IF2017=3,483)
- M. Gun’ko, E.M. Pakhlov, O.V. Goncharuk, L.S. Andriyko, Yu.M. Nychiporuk, D.Yu. Balakin, D. Sternik, A. Derylo-Marczewska, Nanosilica modified by polydimethylsiloxane depolymerized and chemically bound to nanoparticles or physically bound to unmodified or modified surfaces: Structure and interfacial phenomena, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 2018, 529, 273-282, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcis.2018.06.019 (IF2017=5,091)
- Zienkiewicz-Strzalka, A. Derylo-Marczewska, R. Kozakevych, Silica nanocomposites based on silver nanoparticles-functionalization and pH effect, Applied Nanoscience, 2018, 8(7), 1649-1668, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13204-018-0837-2 (IF2017=2,951)
- Blachnio, A. Derylo-Marczewska, A.W. Marczewski, M. Seczkowska, Phenoxyacid pesticide adsorption on activated carbon – equilibrium and kinetics, Chemosphere, 2019, 214, 349-360, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2018.09.088 (IF2017=4,427)
- Sterczynska, M. Zienkiewicz-Strzalka, A. Derylo-Marczewska, M. Sliwinska-Bartkowiak, Surface properties of synthesized nanoporous carbon and silica matrices; the melting behaviour of deuterated water confined inside these matrices, JOVE, Journal of Visualized Experiments, 2019 (RG IF2015=1,24)
- Derylo-Marczewska, K. Skrzypczynska, K. Kusmierek, A. Swiatkowski, M. Zienkiewicz-Strzalka, The adsorptive properties of oxidized activated carbons and their applications as carbon paste electrode modifiers, Adsorption, DOI: 10.1007/s10450-019-00016-6 (IF2017=1,829)