Professor Volodymyr M. Gun’ko
Professor Volodymyr M. Gun’ko
Head of Department of Amorphous and Structurally Ordered Oxides, Chuiko Institute of Surface Chemistry (CISC) of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
17 General Naumov Street, Kiev 03164, Ukraine
- 1985–Present – Member of the Chemical Society of Ukraine
- 2013–Present – Member of the Chemical Society of Poland
- 2005–Present – Member of American Nano Society (USA)
- 2010–2014 – Electronic member of The Royal Society of Chemistry (UK)
- 2000–2015– Member of Expert Council at Institute of Physical Chemistry (Kiev)
- 1997–Present – Member of Expert Council at Institute of Surface Chemistry (Kiev)
- 1996–Present – Member of Editorial board of Chemistry, Physics and Technology of Surface (Kiev)
- 2000–2015 – Member of Editorial board of Theoretical and Experimental Chemistry (Kiev)
ELECTED AWARDS AND RECOGNITION:
- 2009 –Ukrainian Government Medal “For Contribution to Science”
- 2003 – 15 lectures for PhD students at Maria Curie-Sklodowska University (MCSU, Lublin, Poland)
- 1996 – Present Supervisor of PhD students at Institute of Surface Chemistry (Kiev)
- 1995–2012– Consultant of PhD students at Maria Curie-Sklodowska University (Lublin, Poland)
- Total number of supervised PhD thesis and courses: 9
- Total number of consultations of PhD works at MCSU: 11
- Principal Investigator (PI) in two NATO CLGs (1999-2005): Nos. EST.CLG.976890 and PST.CLG 979895; with MCSU (Lublin, Poland), Military Institute of Chemistry and Radiometry (MICR) and Internal Security Agency (ISA) (Warsaw, Poland);
- PI in the project performed according to contract with Sherwin-Williams Co (USA), (1994-1995);
- Participant in the project NATO EST.CLG 979845 (2003-2005) (with University of Brighton, UK);
- NATO grant for organization of NATO ARW on “Pure and Applied Surface Chemistry and Nanomaterials for Human Life and Environmental Protection”, Kyiv, Ukraine, 14-17 September 2005.
- Grants of the Royal Society to visit the University of Brighton (UK, September-October, 2001, and August-October, 2003).
- Participant of the grant obtained from the National Swiss Foundation (1996-1998);
- Three STCU (Kiev) grants: (i) No 1946 (2003-2005), (ii) No 4481 (PI) (2008-2010), (iii) No 3832 (2008-2011). NATO grant for expert visit (CBP.NUKR.EV 982348, Greece, Oct.-Nov. 2006).
- PI (leader of the Ukrainian team, 35 participants from NASU) in FP7 IRSES project (PIRSES-GA-2008-230790, 2009-2013) with teams from MCSU, UB, National Technical University of Athens (NTUA, Athens, Greece) and Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BME, Hungary)
- Participant of the FP7 IRSES project (NanoBioMat, IRSES grant no 612484).
- Marie Curie Fellow (April 2010-April 2011) in the MONACO-EXTRA project FP7 IAPP (PIAP-GA-2008-218242).
- Grants of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and Ukrainian Government for research and development of nanomaterials and investigations in supramolecular chemistry (2004-2010), Hydrogen fuel (2008-2009).
- Polish-Ukrainian grants (1996-1998, 2002-2004, 2005-2006).
- Vice-Chairman of NATO ARW on “Pure and Applied Surface Chemistry and Nanomaterials for Human Life and Environmental Protection”, Kyiv, Ukraine, 14-17 September 2005.
- Sci. Secretary of XIII International conferences on colloid chemistry (Kiev, 1994)
- Speaker at International conferences (40 oral presentations) and about 200 poster presentations
- Total number of peer-reviewed publications: 515 since 1980
- Total number of peer-reviewed publications, 2012-2016: 122
1. V.M. Gun’ko, V.V. Turov, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Studies of Interfacial Phenomena, CRC Press, Boca Raton, 2013, 1040 pages. ISBN 9781466551688
2. J.P. Blitz, V.M. Gun'ko (Eds.), Surface Chemistry in Biomedical and Environmental Science, NATO Science Series II: Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, Vol. 228, Springer, Dordrecht, 2006, 434 pages.
3. V.M. Gun'ko, V.V. Turov, P.P. Gorbyk, Water at the Interfaces, Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 2009, 694 pages (in Russian).
4. V.V. Turov, V.M. Gun'ko, Clustered Water and Ways of its Applications, Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 2011, 313 pages (in Russian).
V.M. Gun'ko, V.I. Zarko, R. Leboda, E. Chibowski, Aqueous suspensions of fumed oxides: particle size distribution and zeta potential, Adv. Colloid Interface Sci. 91 (2001) 1-112.
V. M. Gun'ko, A.V. Klyueva, Yu.N. Levchuk, R. Leboda, Photon correlation spectroscopy investigations of proteins, Adv. Colloid Interface Sci. 105 (2003) 201-328.
V.M. Gun'ko,V.V. Turov, V.M. Bogatyrev, et al., Unusual properties of water athydrophilic/hydrophobicinterfaces, Adv. Colloid Interface Sci. 118 (2005) 125 – 172.
V. M. Gun'ko, V. I. Zarko, E. V. Goncharuk, et al., TSDC spectroscopy of relaxational and interfacia lphenomena, Adv. Colloid.InterfaceSci . 131 (2007) 1-89.
V.M. Gun’ko, I.N. Savina, S.V. Mikhalovsky, Cryogels: Morphological, structural and adsorption characterisation, Adv. Colloid Interface Sci. 187–188 (2013) 1–46.
V.M. Gun’ko, Competitiveadsorption, Theor. Experim. Chem. 43(3) (2007) 139-183.
V.M. Gun’ko, Interfacial phenomena: effects of confined space and structure of adsorbents on the behavior of polar and nonpolar adsorbates at low temperatures, Current Physical Chemistry 5(2) (2015) 1-36.
V.M. Gun'ko, Composite materials: textural characteristics, Applied Surface Sci. 307 (2014) 444–454.
V.M. Gun’ko, Modeling of interfacial behavior of water and organics, J. Theor. Comput. Chem . 12(7) (2013) 1350059-1-24.
V.M. Gun’ko, R. Nasiri, S.S. Sazhin, Effects of the surroundings and conformerisation of n-dodecane molecules on evaporation/condensation processes, J. Chem. Phys. 142 (2015) 034502 (1-8)
V.M. Gun’ko, V.V. Turov, D.V. Schur, et al., Unusual interfacial phenomena at a surface of fullerite and carbon nanotubes, Chem. Phys. 459 (2015) 172-185.
V.M. Gun’ko, S.T. Meikle, O.P. Kozynchenko, S.R. Tennison, F. Ehrburger-Dolle, I. Morfin, S.V. Mikhalovsky, Comparative characterization of carbon and polymer adsorbents by SAXS and nitrogen adsorption methods, J. Phys. Chem. C 115 (2011) 10727-10735.
R.L.D. Whitby, V.M. Gun’ko, A. Korobeinyk, et al., Driving forces of conformational changes in single-layer graphene oxide, ACS Nano 6 (2012) 3967–3973.
P.S. Shuttleworth, V.L. Budarin, R.J. White, V.M. Gun’ko,R. Luque, J.H. Clark, Molecular-level understanding of the carbonisation of polysaccharides, Chem. Eur. J.19 (2013) 9351–9357.