Prof. Peter E. Strizhak
Name: Peter E. Strizhak
Corresponding member of the National academy of sciences of Ukraine (elected 2012)
Professor of Chemistry (2002)
Data of Birth: March 16, 1963
Business Address: L.V.Pisarzhevskii Institute of Physical Chemistry, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
prosp. Nauky, 31, Kyiv, 03028, Ukraine
LinkedIn Peter Strizhak
ResearchGate Peter Strizhak
Publons Peter Strizhak
Scopus Author ID 7003592801
Web of Science Researcher ID I-4277-2019
Ph.D.: 1989 (L.V.Pisarzhevskii Institute of Physical Chemistry, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine)
M.Sc: 1986 (Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology)
Since 2002 Head of the Department of Heterogeneous Catalysis, L.V.Pisarzhevskii Institute of Physical Chemistry, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
Since 2003 Professor of Chemistry, National University “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy” (Ukraine)
2001 Dr.hab. (L.V.Pisarzhevskii Institute of Physical Chemistry, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine)
1998-2001 Senior Scientific Researcher, L.V.Pisarzhevskii Institute of Physical Chemistry, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
1997-1998 Scientific Secretary and Head of the Department, L.V.Pisarzhevskii Institute of Physical Chemistry, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
1995-1996 Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry, University of Toronto (Canada)
1986-1997 Junior Scientific Researcher, Scientific Researcher, and Senior Scientific Researcher, L.V.Pisarzhevskii Institute of Physical Chemistry, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
Invited (part-time) positions:
2002, 2003 Professor at the University of Qingdao (China)
2002, 2003 Professor at the University of Alaska Anchorage (USA)
1999, 2000 Professor at the Institute of Physical Chemistry, University of Wurzburg (Germany)
1997 Professor at the Department of Chemistry, University of Toronto (Canada)
1995 Researcher at the University of Southern Mississippi, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry (USA)
1995 Professor at the Institute of Physical Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences (Poland)
1994 Researcher at the Central Institute of Chemistry, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Department of Oxidation (Hungary)
Fields of Activity:
· heterogeneous catalysis
· anomalous diffusion
· chemical kinetics
· nonlinear chemical phenomena
Publications and Patents:
4 textbooks, more than 300 papers published in scientific journals, more than 100 presentations at conferences, colloquia, etc., more than 40 patents issued.
teaching grad and post grad courses, “Quantum Chemistry”, “Crystallography”, “Chemistry: Physical Principles”, “Kinetic equations for Chemistry”, “Nanochemistry”, supervising 7 PhD and consulting 1 Dr.hab.
Member of the several Scientific Councils of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, the Society for Applied Spectroscopy (by nomination); Member of the International Society for Optical Engineering.
Member of the High Attestation Commission of Ukraine (2009-2010)
Member of the State Accreditation Commission of Ukraine for educational accreditation (since 2016)
Member of the National Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (2016-2017)
Member of the Competition Committee for the selection of members of the National Agency for the Quality Assurance of Higher Education (2018-2021).
Member of the Editorial Board of the scientific journal “Experimental and Theoretical Chemistry”.
Member of the Editorial Board of the scientific journal “Advances in Materials Physics and Chemistry”.
Member of the Editorial Board of the Collected Scientific Transactions “Nanosistemi, Nanomateriali, Nanotehnologii“
Reviewing manuscripts for more than 20 scientific journals, e.g. Journal of Physical Chemistry, ACS Omega, PCCP, Physical Review Letters, Journal of Chemical Education, Chemical Engineering Journal, Analytica Chimica Acta.
1991 Gold Medal of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences for the best research in pure and applied chemistry
1994 Fellowship in the frame of the cooperation between the Ukrainian and Hungarian Academies of Sciences
1995 Scholarship of the President of Ukraine for young scientists
1999 NATO Collaborative linkage grant
2000 3rd Prize for the best Publication in Chaos.
2001 3rd Prize for the best scientific development for Kiev City.
2002 Grant of the National Research Council (USA)
2004 Gratitude from the Mayor of Kiev City
2007 Diploma of Honor from the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
2007 Diploma of Honor from the Ministry for Education and Science of Ukraine
2008 Honor Medal of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine for excellence in professional achievements
2010 Award of Excellence for the textbook “Quantum Chemistry”
2013 Honor Medal of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine for excellence in teaching
2014 Laureate of the State prize of Ukraine in science and technology
2017 Gratitude from the National University “Kyiv-Mohila Academy”, Kiev, Ukraine
2017 Gratitude from the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
2017 Honorary Professor of Qingdao University, Qingdao, China
2017 Laureate of the L.V. Pisarzhevskii Prize of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
2018 Honor Medal to 100th Anniversary of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
Languages: English, Ukrainian, Russian
Selected list of invited or plenary talks at conferences:
- Development of selective heterogeneous-catalytic process of obtaining aromatic aminonitriles for the production of polymer composite materials "New functional substances and materials of chemical production". Kyiv, Ukraine, 2018.
- Catalytic approach for improving the solid fuels gasification and hydrogen or hydrocarbons production from bio resources or the organic wastes 10th Intern. Conf. “Advanced materials and technologies: From idea to market”. Ningbo, China, 2018.
- Novel inorganic materials for catalysis. XX Ukrainian Conference on Inorganic Chemistry, Dnipro, Ukraine. 2018.
- Patterns of steam conversion of renewable organic material on metal-oxide catalysts for hydrogen production "Fundamental aspects of renewable-hydrogen power engineering and fuel cell technologies". Kyiv, Ukraine, 2017.
- “True” and “apparent” nanosize effect in the heterogeneous catalysis II Symp. “Modern problems of nanocatalysis” NANOCAT-2017. Kyiv, Ukraine, 2017.
- Catalytic approach for improving the solid fuels gasification and hydrogen or hydrocarbons production from the organic wastes Ukrainian-Polish workshop “Improving the efficiency and environmental performance of the combustion, gasification and thermochemical conversion of solid fuels”. Kyiv, Ukraine, 2017.
- Investigation of physicochemical properties of catalysts and analysis of their connection with the catalytic properties of samples in the course of steam reforming of bioethanol "Hydrogen in the alternating energy and new technologies". Kyiv, Ukraine, 2012.
- Obtaining a new generation of catalysts of hydrogenation processes on the basis of graphene-like structures "Fundamental problems of creation of new substances and materials of chemical production". Kyiv, Ukraine, 2012.
- Nanoscale effects in heterogeneous catalysis "Modern problems of nanocatalysis". Uzhhorod, Ukraine, 2012.
- Heterogeneous-catalytic processes for the production of hydrogen or hydrocarbons from renewable raw materials III International scientific and technical conf. "Alternative sources of raw materials and fuel" (AIST-2011). Minsk, Belarus, 2011.
- Nanophase catalysts for solving problems of non-traditional energy, Eurasian Symposium on Innovations in Catalysis and Electrochemistry. Almaty, Kazakhstan, 2010.
- Single-step synthesis of metal-coated well-aligned CNx nanotubes for their application in heterogeneous catalysts 14th Intern. Congress on Catalysis (ICC). Seoul, Korea, 2008.
List of publications selected:
- P. Strizhak, A. Zhokh, A. Trypolskyi Methanol conversion to olefins on H-ZSM-5/Al2O3 catalysts: kinetic modeling Reac. Kinet. Mech. Cat. - 2018. - Vol. 123, No. 1. - P. 247-268.
- N.V. Vlasenko, Yu.N. Kochkin, T.G. Serebrii, P.E. Strizhak Organic-inorganic composites based on gel-type sulfonic resin KU-2-8 and zirconia: Acid and catalytic properties in the etherification reaction of iso-butylene with ethanol Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. - 2018. - Vol. 57, No. 32. - P. 10859-10865
- I. Bychko, P. Strizhak Carbon nanotubes catalytic activity in the ethylene hydrogenation Fuller. Nanotub. Car. N. - Vol. 26, No. 12. - P. 804-809.
- P.E. Strizhak and G.R. Kosmambetova The Quantum Size Effect in a Heterogeneous Catalysis. , Chapter 1 in book: Quantum Confinement: Effects, Observations and Insights . Nova science publishers, 2017, pp. 1-40
- Kochkin Yu.N., Vlasenko N.V., Struzhko V.L., Puziy A.M., Strizhak P.E. Methanol carboxylation over zirconium dioxide: effect of catalyst phase composition on its acid-base spectrum and direction of catalytic transformations, The Canad.Journ.Chem.Eng., 2016, vol.94, p. 745–751.
- Vera P. Pakharukova, Ella M. Moroz, Dmitry A. Zyuzin, Arcady V. Ishchenko, Lidiya Yu. Dolgikh, and Peter E. Strizhak, Structure of Copper Oxide Species Supported on Monoclinic Zirconia, J. Phys. Chem. C, 2015, 119 (52), pp 28828–28835
- Filippov A.P., Strizhak P.E., Vlasenko N.V., Kochkin Yu.N.,Serebrii T.G. Adsorption-desorption dynamics of alcohols on Н-Beta and Н-СМК zeolites nanocrystallites studied by quartz crystal micro balance Adsorption Science 32 (2014) 807-820.
- P.E.Strizhak Nanosized effects in heterogeneous catalysis Theor.Experim.Chem. 49 (2013) 1-20
- A.I. Trypolskyi, T.M. Gurnyk, P.E. Strizhak Relation between the fractal dimension of nanoporous massive catalysts and their catalytic activity: CO oxidation over silica or zirconia. In: K.J. Brennan (Ed.), Handbook on the Classification and Application of Fractals (Mathematics Research Developments). Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Pub Inc, 2012. pp. 41-67.
- V.P. Pakharukova, E.M. Moroz, D.A. Zyuzin, V.I. Zaikovskii, F.V. Tuzikov, G.R. Kosmambetova, P.E. Strizhak Structure characterization of nanocrystalline yttria- stabilized zirconia powders prepared via microwave-assisted synthesis J. Phys. Chem. C, 116 (2012) 9762–9768.
- Kosmambetova G.R., Moroz E.М., Guralsky A.V., Pakharukova V.P., Boronin A.I., Ivashchenko T.S., Gritsenko V.I., Strizhak P.Е. Low temperature hydrogen purification from CO for fuel cell application over copper-ceria catalysts supported on different oxides Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 36 (2011) 1271-1275.
- Didenko O.Z., Kosmambetova G.R., Strizhak P.E. Size effect in CO oxidation over magnesia-supported ZnO nanoparticles J. Mol. Cat. A 335 (2011) 14-23.
- Trypolskyi A.I., Gurnyk T.M., Strizhak P.E. Fractal dimension of zirconia nanopowders and their activity in the CO oxidation Catal. Commun. 12 (2011) 766–771.
List of patents selected:
- Pat. Ukraine 118427 (2017). Catalysts of oxide of carbon monoxide based on zinc oxide nanoparticles deposited on magnesium oxide / Didenko O.Z., Strizhak P.E., Kosmambetova G.R.
- Pat. Ukraine 125114 (2017). Mineral-organic composite catalysts of the synthesis of ethyl-t-butyl ether / Kochkin Yu.M., Struzhko V.L., Vlasenko NV, Serebryi T.G., Strizhak P.E.
- Pat. Ukraine 125152 (2017). Composition of palladium and carbon nitride nanoparticles / Kolotilov SV, Bykova OS, Shcherban ND, Gavrilenko KS, Strizhak P.E., Kalishin E.Yu., Ilyin V.G.
- Pat. Ukraine 129862 (2018). Field heater / Stryzhak P.E., Tripolsky A.I., Solov'ev SO, Gubareni E.V., Kosmambetova G.R.
- Pat. Ukraine 60806 (2010). Method of hydrogen production / Dolgikh L.Yu., Tripolsky AI, Kalishin Y.Yu., Bychko IB, Deinega IV, Strizhak P.E., Dudnik O.M., Sokolovskaya I. C.
- Pat. Ukraine 65322 (2010). Catalyst for the preparation of cyclohexanone from cyclohexanol / Deinega IV, Dolgikh L.Yu., Strizhak P.E.
- Pat. Ukraine 95487 (2009). Catalyst of the first stage for the process of two-stage purification of hydrogen-containing gas mixtures of carbon monoxide and its purification method / Moroz E.M., Paharukova VP, Snitnikov PV, Strizhak P.E., Kosmambetova G.R., Guralsky AV, Gritsenko VI.
- Pat. Ukraine 67470 (2011). Catalysts for the production of (C2-C7) -olefins from synthesis gas / Lunev M.K., Yakubovich MM, Struzhko V.L., Strizhak P.E.
- Pat. Ukraine 90897 (2014). Method of purification of hydrogen-containing gas mixtures from carbon monoxide / Strizhak P.E., Kosmambetova G.R., Gritsenko VI, Guralsky AV
- Pat. Ukraine 26730 (2007). Catalyst for aliphatic alcohols / Lunev M.K., Strizhak P.E.
- Pat. Ukraine 29395 (2008). Method for obtaining catalysts for the synthesis of high-purity carbon nanotubes / Khavrus VO, Hordiychuk SV, Tripolsky AI, Strizhak P.E.
- Pat. Ukraine 36227 (2007). Sensitive coating for sorption-active piezoresonance sensors on vapor of organic substances / Filippov O.P., Strizhak P.E., Serebryi T.G.