Biocide basalt compositions
Materials that contain cellulose fibers as the most common natural carbohydrate are known to be affected by different kinds of molds and microorganisms. 700 bacteria of actinomycete, fungus use cellulose as a source of carbohydrate. These microorganisms have a specific gem – cellulase, which is responsible for a complex biochemical process – destruction of cellulose.
The problem of getting biocide materials that are not affected by different molds and microorganisms is faced by a number of fields of domestic economy. This includes various kinds of package materials used in food, medical, cosmetical, electro-technical, and other industries.
The work demonstrates some possibilities of getting biocide materials based on basalt fibers including cellulose and its ethers processed with solutions of bactericide drugs and define bactericide activity regarding to disease-causing organisms: Staph. aureus, F. Coli, and derivatives of nitrofuran range are used as bactericide reagents.
Appliance of clay minerals of the montmorillonite type in the composition with basalt fibers is proved to get materials that are characterized with high biocide properties and excellent service characteristics. Thus, appliance of basalt fibers in this direction has a very positive perspective.
This paper describes a methodology of producing a strong thin paper-like biocide material based on non-organic basalt fibers, which can be used in many industries of domestic economy.
1. Shevchenko V.M., Pidgornyi A.V., Guts N.A. Getting paper-like materials with antibacterial properties basing on basalt and cellulose fibers. Collection of scientific works SWorld. 2012. 4(44): 99.
2. Nuyksha Y.P. Systematic review of fungus, who live on paper, books, etc. Botanical journal. 1978. 46(1): 70.
3. Shevchenko V.M., Guts N.A., Pidgornyi A.V. Bentonite clays in compositions with basalt fibers. Collection of scientific works SWorld. 2016. Book 10. 1(42): 80.
4. Shevchenko V.M., Guts N.A., Pidgornyi A.V. Application of disperse minerals while getting biocide materials based on basalt fibers. Collection of scientific works SWorld. 2015. Book 12. 3(40): 52.
5. Shevchenko V.M., Alekseev O.L. The principle of recharging and its influence to properties of paper-like materials. In: The conference "Nano-size systems". (Kyiv, 2004). P. 170.
6. Shevchenko V.M., Pidgornyi A.V., Guts N.A., Duda T.I. Compositional materials of basalt fibers. Vistnyk of NTU "Kharkiv polytechnical university". Collection of scientific works. Tematical issue "Chemistry, chemical technology and ecology". N 11. (Kharkiv: NTU, "KPI", 2010). P. 164.
7. Kruglitskyi N.N. Physics-chemical bases of regulating properties of the disperse of clay minerals. (Kyiv: Naukova dumka, 1994).
8. Shevchenko V.M., Guts N.A., Pidgornyi A.V. Adsorption of montmorillonite clays in compositions with basalt fibers. Collection of scientific works SWorld. 2017. 6(46): 57.