Prof. Volodymyr V. Turov
Professor, Doctor of Sciences (Chemistry)
Head of the Department of Biomedical Problems of Surface
Telephone: + 380 44 424-94-53
Fax: + 380 44 424-35-67
V.V. Turov works at the Chuiko Institute of Surface Chemistry of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine since 1987. He is a member of Academic Council of the Chuiko Institute of Surface Chemistry of NAS of Ukraine, Specialized Council D 26.210.01 (Chuiko Institute of Surface Chemistry of NAS of Ukraine), editorial boards of journal "Chemistry, Physics and Technology of Surface” and collection of scientific papers “Surface”.
NMR spectroscopy of adsorbed molecules, the influence of surface on structure of water and water-organic mixtures, self organization of substances in the adsorbed layer.
1973 - graduated from T.G. Shevchenko Kyiv State University, the Radiophysics Department
1981-1985 - postgraduate at the L.V. Pysarzhevskii Institute of Physical Chemistry of AS of USSR
1986 - PhD in Chemistry, specialty “physical chemistry" (candidate dissertation "Quick proton exchanging reaction with the participation of thiocarboxylic and dithiophosphoric acids") (in Russian)
2002 - Doctor of Chemistry, specialty "physics and chemistry of surface" (doctoral dissertation "NMR spectroscopy of adsorbed molecules. Structure of adsorption complexes and hydrated layers") (in Russian)
2004 - Senior Researcher, specialty "physics and chemistry of surface"
2007 - Professor, specialty "surface chemistry and physics.
320 scientific publications, including 4 books, individual chapters in 12 collective monographs, 250 papers, 12 patents; supervisor of 7 PhD theses.
- V.M. Gun'ko, V.V. Turov, P.P. Gorbik. Water at the Interfaces. – Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 2009. - 694 p. (in Russian).
- V.V. Turov, V.M. Gun’ko, O.V. Nechypor, A.P .Golovan, V.A. Kaspersky, A.V. Turov, R. Leboda, M. Jablonski, P.P. Gorbik.Self-organization of water-organic systems in bone tissue and products of their chemical degradation // Nanomaterials and Supramolecular Structures: Physics, Chemistry, and Applications. – Springer. – 2009. – P.79-92.
- P.P. Gorbik, V.V.Turov. Nanomaterials and nanocomposites in medicine, biology, ecology / Ed. A.P. Shpak, V.F. Chekhun. - Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 2011. 444 p.
- V.V. Turov, V.M. Gun'ko. Clustered Water and Ways of its Applications. – Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 2011. - 313 p. (in Russian).
- V.M. Gun'ko, V.V. Turov. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Studies of Interfacial Phenomena. - New York: Taylor & Francis, 2013. - 1070 p.